I read over and over again what to do when you feel depressed. Get out. Do exercise. Dress nice. Ring a friend. Go for a walk. I know that when I do these things they usually help too! But, when you feel down, and low, it is so hard to pull yourself up off your bum and hop to it. Making dinner is an effort, even when you're starving!
What I find particularly hard is that I have had a boyfriend for almost 4 months now, and I'm scared that I'm becoming too reliant on him. If he cancels something, I get down... even if I was on top of the world right before. I know that spending time with him makes me feel better. But he's not perfect and I know he'll let me down at times.
I get into bad habits of thinking negative thoughts, when in general I'd be a pretty positive person, and I hate negativity from others - THAT gets me down, too. So I know that one of the things I need to do is recognise when I'm starting to think negatively and stop it in its tracks. So, in light of that, I'm not going to dwell on the thought that I'm beginning to feel down again - after only getting out of the rut on Wednesday-Thursday.... and remind myself of a thought I came across that make me think differently...
"Why do you stay in prison when the door is open?"
- Jalal ad-Din Rumi
No comments:
Post a Comment